Thursday, April 7, 2011

Waffles

For our wedding we registered for a waffle maker and now that I have one I don't know what took so long to get one. Waffles are one of my favorite things for breakfast and very easy to make just as easy if not easier than pancakes. I love when waffles have a little crunch to them. The great thing about waffles is you can make them with a little crunch or just soft.


My kids both love waffles so I try to make them often. I think the biggest challenge at first is to not put too much or too little batter in the waffle maker. I usually use 1/3 cup to measure it. You can also change it up a little add some chocolate chips or blueberries. Or top with whipped cream and strawberries.

Here's the recipe:

Waffles


Serves 6

Ingredients

• 2 eggs

• 2 cups all-purpose flour

• 1 3/4 cups milk

• 1/2 cup applesauce or canola oil

• 1 tablespoon white sugar

• 4 teaspoons baking powder

• 1/4 teaspoon salt

• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract



Directions

1. Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, oil or applesauce, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.

2. Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.



Enjoy,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment