Thursday, April 14, 2011

Baked Kale Chips



I have been hearing about Kale chips for awhile now and wanted to try them. I was a little skeptical about making them because well I mean it's kale how good could it possibly be.......Well boy was I wrong they are so good! This is definitely one thing I would say don't knock it until you try it you will be pleasantly surprised. Besides the yummy flavor they are much better for you than regular potato chips, and it really satisfied our craving for something crunchy and salty. 

I used 2 bunches of Organic Kale (the curly one). I would recommend starting off with one bunch first to make sure you like it. I actually had to go to 3 different stores to find Kale which I was surprised, I assumed you would be able to find it at most stores. I also found it at the farmer's market.

Here's the recipe:

Baked Kale Chips




Ingredients

• 1 bunch of Kale

• 1 tablespoon olive oil

• 1 teaspoon sea salt

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees

2. Wash and dry Kale, remove stems and middle rib. Place dry kale, olive oil, and salt in a bowl. Mix well.

3. Line a jelly roll pan/cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lay out kale so that it is a single layer over the parchment.

4. Place in oven bake for 15-20 minutes until crispy. Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn.


Enjoy,

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment