Thursday, March 3, 2011

Roasted Garlic Shrimp Scampi Pasta

Disclaimer: This is not a low fat meal so if you are looking for low fat step away from the computer step far away.


Now that we got that out of the way we can begin. If you are looking for a very scrumptious meal with loads of butter and roasted garlic then you have come to the right place my friend.

In our house we tend to eat a lot of chicken probably even too much, I have been trying to make an effort to make more seafood and pork dishes. I also try to keep things budget friendly, so when I found this great deal on shrimp yesterday I couldn't pass it up. Once I started cooking them I realized why they were a great price, they were small. Not really what I envisioned when I thought of making this, I was thinking more of thick juicy prawns. Don't get me wrong I read the package but ugh talk about let down! I would suggest getting large shrimp if possible but then again the small and medium ones taste just as good and tend to be cheaper :).

I have found a new admiration for roasted garlic it just makes the flavor pop! If you haven't tried it yet you really need to I promise you will be happy you did.

How I roast garlic:
Well I am no expert so I will tell you how I did it. I chopped (more like minced) about 5 cloves of garlic. Put onto greased cookie sheet, probably best to line the cookie sheet with foil and then spray that with cooking spray so you don't get hints of garlic in your next cookie batch well unless you want that... which of course I wouldn't recommend.
Preheat oven to 375˚F  Place garlic on your lined cookie sheet and into a preheated oven. Cook for about 10-15 minutes watching carefully not to burn. You want the garlic to be lightly brown.

Oh and I found a great way to get Parmesan cheese "curls", well I'm probably not the first person to figure this out but anyways. I don't have a cheese cutter just a grater so when I bought a wedge of Parmesan I was trying to think of how I was going to get the cheese off without grating it or getting huge chunks. Then it came to me......vegetable peeler hello why haven't I thought of this before. Anyways works great and since I have a small kitchen it's even better because that is one less gadget I need, oh and budget friendly!

Well what am I waiting for? Here's the recipe already....

Roasted Garlic Shrimp Scampi Pasta


Serves 5

Ingredients

• 5 cloves of garlic finely chopped

• 1 cube of unsalted butter

• 1 ½ lbs. peeled uncooked shrimp

• 1 tsp. Salt

• 1 tsp. Pepper

• Parmesan cheese for garnish

• 1 Tablespoon of olive oil

• ¾ box of spaghetti noodles (or whatever noodle you prefer)



Directions

1. Roast the garlic. Directions above.

2. Prepare the noodles according to the directions.

3. When noodles are almost fully cooked sauté shrimp in olive oil just until fully cooked, pink throughout.

4. To make sauce melt butter in a sauce pan add garlic and salt and pepper to taste.

5. Drain noodles add sauce and shrimp toss to combine. Garnish with Parmesan curls.


Enjoy,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment