Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cinnamon Roasted almonds

Sorry it's been a few days since I have posted a new recipe on here. So to make up I am posting a very yummy, fast and easy recipe.


Ever since I went to New York and had the warm and toasty cinnamon almonds from the little carts outside I have been wanting to make them at home. I was worried they would be too much work or just too hard to do. Boy was I wrong and I don't know what took me so long to work up the courage to make them.
Fair warning these are addicting you will want more! They are so good when they are still warm but cool enough to not burn yourself. It's been a few days since I made these and now I'm craving them again. Time to go to the store and get more almonds. But first here's your recipe....

Cinnamon Roasted Almonds




Ingredients

• 1 lb. of unsalted almonds

• 1 egg white

• 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

• 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

• 1/3 cup brown sugar

• 1/3 cup white sugar

• 1/2 tsp. salt

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees. Spray baking sheet (preferably with sides) with oil.

2. Place the egg white and vanilla into a bowl then beat with a whisk until nice and foamy. Add the almonds to the foam and toss to coat evenly.

3. Add the cinnamon, brown sugar, white sugar, and salt together in another bowl and mix until well combined. Pour the sugar mixture onto the almonds and gently toss to coat evenly.

4. Pour onto the baking sheet and place into the oven. Roast for 25 minutes then flip the almonds over with a spatula then continue roasting for another 25 minutes. Let them cool before eating.



Adapted from: For the love of cooking


Enjoy,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment