Sunday, February 27, 2011
Since I have been trying to do more cooking at home and eating out less I have been looking for recipes to mimic what we would be eating if we went out to eat. This is one of the easiest and tastiest recipes I have made. My goal is once a week to make a great dinner at home that would compare to a restaurant meal (except hopefully healthier).
Here's the recipe........
Coconut Curry Chicken
• 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
• 1 teaspoon salt and pepper, or to taste
• 1 1/2 tablespoons Canola oil
• 2 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
• 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
• 2 Lg diced tomatoes
• 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• Cilantro (for garnish)
1. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil and curry powder in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Stir in onions and garlic, and cook 5-10 minutes more. Add chicken and reduce heat to medium, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center and juices run clear.
3. Pour coconut milk, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and sugar into the pan, and stir to combine. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
4. Serve with Coconut Rice and garnish with cilantro.